Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kitties make good teachers too!

You know sometimes you learn the simplest things from the most unlikely places.

Today I got a lesson in peace from my precious gray kitty.

While cutting up chicken for the pot of chicken tortilla soup, my sweet precious Smokey came into the kitchen and plopped at my feet. I began having a one sided conversation with my sweet boy when all of a sudden it hit me.

Peace can come in many forms and from lots of places, but smokey had found it in the kitchen next to his mama. His human mama that is. That sweet boy, I just love him to pieces.

I had this lightbulb moment when I figured out he was purring! As I was chatting with him about nothing in particular...he just started his motor, and let me tell you it was revved up - loud and precious!

Then it dawned on me that I am able find peace at the feet of my Savior. I feel safest and most secure when I seek him out, sit at His feet and just listen.

Now I know that I should know that already and perhaps I do, but it was certainly a lightbulb moment for me!

I have been making an extra effort to make sure that I take time each morning to read The Word and spend time with God. I am amazed (even though I shouldn't be) how much better my days are going lately.

It took my sweet Smokey to open my eyes!

Praise be to God the Lord Of All including gray kitties!

Until next time, we-






No comments: