Monday, August 20, 2012

Ambition

Ambition can be overwhelming at times, don't you think? I have found in the first week of school that my "ambition" was a bit much. Sigh...

Not that I am surprised by this! Lol

When I set about planning our new year, I started us off with such
beautiful plans. Lovely pages of ideas and plans for perfect days of learning. Well, on paper anyway.

Stop your snickering!

I didn't say realistic! :)

I am not new to the homeschooling venue. We have been at it for years. I have done it with my own kids, I have done it with other peoples kids, I have also done it in groups. But I have to tell you, a new year is ALWAYS a learning experience! And not just for the kids! Lol

I'm a planner at heart, I tend to Always over plan. I like the planning part I admit that wholeheartedly. I figure that too much to do is better than not enough.

My issue comes in that I can't let myself get frustrated when it doesn't go according to the book. Our first week went fairly smoothly. We certainly didn't get everything done that I had in the book, but we got a lot done. I think that I tried to add to much at the beginning of a brand-new year. It's just that I have so many cool ideas and fun things that I want to do. I want to put it all in the plan so we can have fun whole learning, but I know I have to have those basics in there too.

It always takes a couple of weeks to get a smooth schedule going, and I try to overdo it sometimes. But don't get me wrong ambitions a good thing. For me I just have to figure out about us.

So my plan is to back off a bit, and get the schedule down pat - doing mostly the basics. Then we can add extras as we go along.

Ambition a good thing if you use it in a good way.

Just rambling in the midst of a lightbulb moment.

Until next time...we-

No comments: