Sunday, November 06, 2011

I did it! I created a Calendar Journal! Woo-Hoo!


I saw this really cool idea on Pinterest.

I set my mind to do and it got it done.

Now my hope is I will stick with it.

It's a great idea!








I did mine is a 10 cent spiral journal because, honestly, I tend to start projects like this and not complete them. So I thought that if I didn't spend a lot I wouldn't feel so bad if I do end up falling down on the "job".

I simply drew lines with a pencil and ruler then decorated it with map colors and stickers.















I also added in a few quotes and a turkey drawing. It can't be November without turkeys right! LOL

I also added in a list on the side so I can write out things I am thankful for!










I was so pleased with the turnout of my November calendar that I decided to go ahead and make a December calendar.












I added a festive frame for the 12th which is Red's birthday!



















Here is the other side of the calendar for December.

















Moving on to Halloween! Iron Man and Darth Vader were the choices for this year!

We went up to the cowboy church for Fall Festival Halloween night.













Here's Darth Vader (Bug) with his bucket full of treats waiting in line to play a game at the festival!



















I think Bug's favorite activity was the bounce house slide. He must have went on this thing a 1000 times!


















I am not sure how many people came this year - but it was A LOT!

















Here's me at the GA booth - it was two+ solid hours of kids having fun! Let me tell you I was a bit worn by the time it was all over!









Superman came to play the End of the Rainbow game! :)










Here's our sign!














Me gathering up the rocks for the next player!









A close-up of our game! The girls helped to paint the rainbow - it turned out so good!











Here's a little bit of our school work for the week!

We drew a barn during our Draw Write Now lesson.


Here is Bug's Barn!









Here is Red's barn - you can see the airplane at the top.









And here is Iron Man reading a book during Reading time! LOL

















During our Girls In Action meeting this week we sorted and packed the food donations that we had collected over the last month at church.

What an abundance of goodies everyone has brought in! Blessings Blessings Blessings!








We filled 20 boxes with all sorts of goodies - cereal, pasta, canned goods, peanut butter, snacks and so much more!!!












Here's the boxes all lined up in hallway - blessings, blessings, blessings!

The girls and I will begin making the ornaments to sell this week. That should be a fun time! We are going to raise money for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.

No comments: