Thursday, April 14, 2011

I have been meaning to update our blog and just haven't made myself sit and do it! LOL - busy busy!


Here you can see the "Wrestlemania" that Davy Crockett attended. LOL - the boys set up these "blocks" to be the ring and who attended this historic match-up? None other than Davy Crockett of Tennessee. Can you believe that? LOL - you probably didn't know Davy was a world famous wrestler, did you? LOL





Another view of the ring and the match! You can see all the guys who got "throw out" by Davy there to the left. LOL Love the imagination they have!








Here we have the "egg chicks" the boys made at the Michael's Make and take. They are now sitting on the little things shelves. We have (starting at the left) Hulk Hogan, Rey Mysterio, Big Show and Edge. You can guess where they got those names! LOL






Red and I were working on the geoboards one afternoon and he got really excited about making his K!








I finally got the boys "little things" shelves and knives hung in their bedroom. Actually now that I look at this the pic with the little things shelves is not accurate - they have since filled the shelves with tons of little stuff they have collected and the pictures to the left of the shelves are all moved and rearranged because another shelf hangs there. My kids are both collectors and we found that they both adore little tiny things. So we grab these small shelving units whenever we find them to hold their goodies. The knives belonged to their Papa J and I can tell you Red is very glad that he can "look at his knives" before he goes to bed. LOL There room is really coming together nicely and I am excited for them. They are actually sleeping in their all night and really striving to keep their room picked up and making their beds and such. I am one proud Momma!




My classroom reorganization project is coming along nicely. I have a plan in my head and it's slow going, but I am making it work. Here you see the "art project" cart (the drawer unit). I have a drawer for art supplies then a drawer for projects. The shelf unit is a gift from my sweet friend Jen (and freecycle!) I thought about using it in our closet as a shoe rack (it's original purpose) but found that it fit really well under the window sill and was perfect for holding baskets of supplies. Yeah! I think this is where the pencil baskets, stencils and various other supplies will sit...for now that is the plan anyway.





Behind the door is a little indention which is perfect for a book shelf - so this is where I will store our curriculum and other books. I have actually moved a lot more to the shelf since this pic was taken. You can also see our learning clock and the little calendar that Red using during math.

Below you will see the white board - Hooray! Hubby hasn't trimmed it up yet but it's on the wall and usable! I love it! It is so nice to have a large area to write on! Below it I hung our world map and our US map. We are using the US map as part of our state geo box trade so we can see what state we are studying.

You can also see the tall cart. I have this sitting at one end of the closet. It hold various supplies and construction paper and such. I was amazed at how messy it had become so the boys and I sat down and practiced some math skills and life skills all rolled into one clean-up project! It's so much neater now. (sigh of contentment...)





















The Fort in the back yard. LOL - no it will not stay baby blue forever. LOL Hubby picked up a gallon of clearance paint just to prime the boards. They got the roof and the front wall put on yesterday - now just to finish the painting. The boys are really excited about having a "fort" to defend. :)






We are working on another geo-box for our home school swapping adventures group.

We picked up a build your own cannon kit at Michaels so Bug decided to build the historic "Come and Take It" Cannon from Gonzales. Now I am sure the cannon was not so brightly colored in it's day, but hey we are being creative. Bug drew the flag all by himself!

Red and I worked on a Texas flag for the box using tissue paper. Bug helped us finish it after he had finished his cannon flag.







No comments: