Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Well look at me, I may actually have December blogged before the end of January...well what a marvel that will be.  LOL - Oh well, life is busy and at least it's getting done (eventually) right?  Unlike the scrap booking...oh but that is another story.  LOL

For Christmas with the families we met up in Blanco county.  We met Hubby's family in Marble falls for dinner and a trip to the "lights on the lake".  We ate at a fish place, Doc's I think it was, yummy!  They have some great catfish there.  Red got a bucket of worms (chicken fingers).  LOL - he thought that was very funny!
He liked that it actually came in a bucket.

Before dinner we stopped off at a park so the cousins could play together and we could open presents.  There were some really cool ducks and geese in the water, and loud!  LOL  I learned something though - ducks do not open their mouths like Daffy Duck to "Quack".  They keep their mouth closed.  I had never noticed that before.  Funny! 
We took the kids through the lights on the lake - it is so pretty.  They also got to see Santa while they were there and we drank hot cocoa.  Here's the brother's with Mimi Net by that cool light tunnel. 
For Christmas with my side of the family, we met at Uncle Pickle's - he got a new meat grinder for Christmas.  Boy was he happy.  He had a deer that he needed to be processed.  So Bug got to experience grinding venison.  He enjoyed helping out. 
We also finished another puzzle while we were there.  I love to puzzle! 
When we got home Crazy Scamper stepped on something (on Christmas Eve no less) and cut the bottom of his foot.  So we felt sorry for him and brought the pup inside.  I bandaged his foot with some salve.  Hopeful he would leave it alone.   
As the evening wore on we watched Santa delivering gifts around the globe.  He was getting closer to Texas, so Daddy and I encouraged the boys to head on to bed.  Well Red was ready to go.  He trotted to his room and found some "ear plugs" that came with their own eye covers.  LOL  Crazy kid! 
Here's Scamp hobbling around with his sock...he as not happy!  LOL

Santa had a variety of cookies this year...and almond milk of course.  'Cause you all know Santa is allergic to milk, right? 
The Santa bags were hung by the tree with care. 
Ready to be found with goodies inside Christmas morning!
And Billy Bob Jim Bob James...well Bernard decided to leave him behind for Red to take care of until next year.  Bernard even left them a note, how sweet.
Oh recycling bin here we come! 
A special gift from my Red! 
Daddy got a new t-shirt from Team Bring It from the boys! 
I got a bucket of mixed nuts, yummy!  Papa will be so jealous!

And the Pièce de résistance - the trampoline Santa left in 
the backyard!  It took Bug about 2.5 seconds to throw on some layers and head out in the freezing cold to jump jump jump!  Let me tell you exercise is not a problem in our home school!!! 
The pup pups got a new bone!

Scamp thought his was greeeaaat! 
Sadie is excited, can you tell? 
Lady Bug took hers to her house! 
So as the day wore on we ended up with pup in the kitchen as the boys felt sorry for Scamper with his sore foot...well of course we can't leave out the girls, so in they all came.  Sadie didn't like being locked in the kitchen!  LOL 
But she tolerated it.   
Scamp was still upset over the sock.
Christmas Day hound dog.

At the end of December was the Girls In Action Award Program as Church.  Very exciting stuff!!! 
The girls helped to make the lemonade! 

Team Work! 
Ms. Kimberly made us a precious banner! 
Ms. Marsha and her team of decorators worked so hard to make it pretty! 
And all these goodies - woo-hoo! 
The girls sat on the stage (next to my custom decorated stand!) 
What a spread! 
My notes - because I was sooo nervous!  And the girls vests and corsages! 
Here's my girls - ready to get their vests! 
Ms. Teri opened up the ceremony for us! 
The girls did so well! 
Thank goodness for Ms. Teri who is such a great speaker! 
So pretty! 
Victoria, one of my older GA girls helped to hand out vests - Thank You Vicky!!! 
Kylee getting her vest! 
Madeleine getting her vest! 
Victoria joined us after we had ordered the supplies and since I couldn't get more vests in before the ceremony I had corsages made to signify which badges they had earned.  So proud of these girls! 
Showing off their badges! 
She is so proud! 
Me and my girls! 
Crazy group! 

Well there it is, right up to the last day!  Whew, what a year!  I can't remember just how it started, but let me say it ended on a great note...what a blessing this group is to me, I am so excited to work with them.  I feel so lucky that God has blessed me with this opportunity.  I pray I can do it justice.

Until next time...we-

No comments: